Purple Grackle

Monday, May 08, 2006

More on light.















The kitchen really needs new light. My dad started installing track lights for the work areas. I just need to finish them up when I have time. The tracks replace a rectangular, fluorescent light that pretty much pointed straight down at the floor. I'm not that into tracks, but the new system will provide much, much better lighting for cooking. And for seeing how pretty my blue and yellow walls are!

I am leaving the ceiling fan for now. This one used to be plain white, but I have rejuvenated it with Rub 'n' Buff, and silver spray paint. When I first started my redecorating, I was painting anything and everything with silver spray paint. My mother used to give me a hard time about it.














Next up is the foyer lighting! The brass fixture is original to the house. Can you tell it was installed in 1989? I put the red shades on it to make it look better.

Yesterday, my next-door neighbor gave me a practically new chandelier (she had curb-shopped a couple of things from me, which I was throwing away). When I can buy or rent a scaffold, I will paint the foyer and hopefully replace the chandelier at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home