Purple Grackle

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Miscellaneous mosaics.




I don't know what it is I like about mosaics--maybe it's the idea of creating something concrete out of abstract pieces.

Anyway, here are a few of my mosaic experiments. The end table is one of a pair I bought at the Salvation Army for $30. I repainted them white, and glued pieces of broken stained glass (about $10 at Hobby Lobby) to the tops, then grouted. I still need to finish off the grouting and scrape the extra off the glass. In an example of form following function, the table tops can be used as giant coasters. I hate chasing after guests with coasters when I entertain. Now, I won't have to anymore!

The two framed mosaics on the mantle are made from leftover pieces of stained glass. I may grout the one on the right at a later date, and hang it in a window.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home